Question Faster RAM or bigger NVMe

shyam.mora

Honorable
Aug 19, 2017
Recently upgraded my PC from 9400F and H310M to a 12600k with MSI B660 Tomahawk motherboard. I am currently using a 16GB 2666hz RAM and 1TB SSD for data and a 250GB SSD for dedicatedly for OS along with a RTX 2060 GPU. I can make another upgrade. I am confused between a 32GB 3200mhz RAM and a 2TB NVMe. Both are similarly priced and I can buy one of them. My main use is casual gaming. Which one should I go for ? TIA

shyam.mora

Honorable
Aug 19, 2017
Depends on, how much ram you have installed.
Do you have any issues related to insufficient amount of ram?

Are you running out of storage space on your drives?

I have edited my question with RAM. I have 16GB installed and no issues with insufficient memory. Storage is also no issue. Reason for upgrade is I can claim the billed amount from my work. So, technically its free. This generally works once every 2 years and I don't want to miss the opportunity.

I have edited my question with RAM. I have 16GB installed and no issues with insufficient memory. Storage is also no issue. Reason for upgrade is I can claim the billed amount from my work. So, technically its free. This generally works once every 2 years and I don't want to miss the opportunity.
If your not using all the ram you have now and your not using more than 80/85% of the disk space then neither one will make much of a diff.

Is the 1TB disk sata 2.5 or m.2 or nvme?