Question Fastest 990FX RAM

Slick_3

Reputable
Jul 8, 2017
Whats the fastest (2x4GB) 8gb DDR3 2400 RAM I could get used off ebay? I see many types like Sniper, Hyper X beast, Vengeance pro, etc. Like which ones have the best dies or maybe just best bang for buck? For a Asrock 990FX Fatal1ty Pro /w FX8350. Also how should I go about OCing this setup?

DavidM012

Distinguished
Here's an article about hi performance ddr3

The kingston 2400 hyper x

However I don't guarantee it will work with your board, best thing to do is try searching builds on userbenchmark.com to see what was successfully used with your board. There may be compatibility issues between some brands so try and search for any known issues. Not really straightforward but should be doable. Trouble is that much of what is on sale will be out of warranty so you don't have any comeback. It's all a bit risky. But maybe you'll find some that works but it may be the case that there isn't much about because it's all still in use.

You can search by running the benchmark and comparing builds. Or maybe try googling some fx builds with hi perf. mem.

*Oh and it only provides marginal performance gains in a few applications.

Reactions: Slick_3

Slick_3

Reputable
Jul 8, 2017
Thanks for the help and links. Yes, I currently have both CPU and Mobo and want to overclock it and also have Vengeance LP 2133 CL11 (2x4gb). Is this RAM good enough or should I get better ones? PS: I already have a Ryzen system I'm just building my bro an FX system to match his GTX1060.

D

Deleted member 217926

and also have Vengeance LP 2133 CL11 (2x4gb). Is this RAM good enough or should I get better ones?

Keep what you've got. The FX won't scale with anything faster and trying to run anything faster than what you've already got is hit or miss with stability. 2400 might not even work at 2400.

Reactions: Slick_3