FastestVPN: A warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all!

A couple of months ago I purchased a lifetime subscription to FastestVPN (it was very cheap at the time...) Since then I have had major issues with their Windows 10 application:

The following was sent to FastestVPN...
° I have been through my system in detail and could find any settings that could prevent me accessing my network via any file management application.
° I have also had a commercial expert technician look at my system and he too is at a loss.
° I have also had extensive advice from my network server supplier (QNAP)
° Other computers on my network (that have not had FastestVPN installed) were and are accessing the server perfectly!
° It is clear (and my advisors agree) that the FastestVPN app makes deep and significant changes to the Windows 10 (x64) operating system.
° I have just spent two days deleting and installing a new Windows 10 operating system on my C drive!
° The new O/S installation works perfectly and I can access my files on the server perfectly in any way I choose.

FastestVPN "support" was completely and utterly useless in this issue.

As an aside, after installing and using the FastestVPN Google Chrome extention, Chrome would take minutes(!) to start up. With the new, fresh Windows installation, Google Chrome again starts and works perfectly!

Rob

Hi all!

A couple of months ago I purchased a lifetime subscription to FastestVPN (it was very cheap at the time...) Since then I have had major issues with their Windows 10 application:

The following was sent to FastestVPN...
° I have been through my system in detail and could find any settings that could prevent me accessing my network via any file management application.
° I have also had a commercial expert technician look at my system and he too is at a loss.
° I have also had extensive advice from my network server supplier (QNAP)
° Other computers on my network (that have not had FastestVPN installed) were and are accessing the server perfectly!
° It is clear (and my advisors agree) that the FastestVPN app makes deep and significant changes to the Windows 10 (x64) operating system.
° I have just spent two days deleting and installing a new Windows 10 operating system on my C drive!
° The new O/S installation works perfectly and I can access my files on the server perfectly in any way I choose.

FastestVPN "support" was completely and utterly useless in this issue.

As an aside, after installing and using the FastestVPN Google Chrome extention, Chrome would take minutes(!) to start up. With the new, fresh Windows installation, Google Chrome again starts and works perfectly!

Rob

When the VPN is running, do a "IPConfig" from the cmd.exe prompt. Is the local address begin with 192.168.#.#?

Status
Not open for further replies.