Fastwrites... whats the benefit

G

i cant seem to find much info on what the benefits of having fastwrites on a video card...

which leads me to another question, does the leadtek winfast gf2pro have fastwrites enabled? cause it doesnt say so on their web site

tkx

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I have the leadtek g2-pro 32mb pro and use the 6.50 nvidia reference drivers. If you go to the leadtek winfox software and look at the hardware settings you should be able to see if fastwrites and sideband addressing are enabled ( I use nvmax to make sure fastwrites is enable and for other tweaks). Question for you.. can you get the tv out to work ?? I sure can't

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>Never try to idiot proof anything..God will always make a better Idiot </b> </font color=blue>

mpjesse

Splendid
From what I've read- it doesn't increase performance that much. Never-the-less, I have it enabled =) That card should support fast-writes. Though, it's not totally dependent on the card- the BIOS has to support it too.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

G

no i havent got the card yet so i wouldnt know :) but the leadtek gf2pro is what im looking at getting

G

I have the gf2 pro 64meg from leadtek (the enhanced version 5.5ns) and it's an awesome card. I had the asus 7700 gts before, still a good card, but this is better!! :)
awesome software. winfox (the software) is very good.

'--=-==**==-=--'
486SX, P166, P2 350, P4 1400...
Do you see a pattern?!
Second Timothy 4:7