Question Fatal1ty H87 Performance recommended ram

SeverinV

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2016
So currently i have 12 GB of ddr3 ram . 2 sticks of 2x2 ddr 1333 and 2x4 ddr 1600 from kingston.
Kingston 9905403-173.A00LF x 2 and Kingston KHX1600C9D3/4GX x 2.
I am thinking i buying 2x8GB Ram and in some time buy another 2 sticks.
Internet shops in my country are selling the ddr3 in huge ammount but they are not on the support list of the ram.
For example
G.Skill RipjawsX, DDR3, 16 GB,1600MHz, CL 9 (F3-1600C9D-16GXM) is sold there but on the asrock support list it is something called F3-1600C9Q-32GXM .
I have no clue if the difference in one letter will make a difference.
Another example is Corsair Vengeance Pro Series DDR3, 16 GB,1600MHz, CL9 (CMY16GX3M2A1600C9R) it is says in the description it is dedicated to 3rd and 4th generation intel cpu and since i have i5-4460 it should work with my cpu but who knows.
But Patriot Viper 3, DDR3, 16 GB,1600MHz CL9 (PV316G160C9K) is not kinda simillar PGD316G1600ELK . But it is 1600 Mhz cl9 ram so who knows.
So i would be very much thankful for the input.
Cheers,

Any of those sticks should work fine with that platform. You are fortunate that your mixed configuration has worked without any issues, but I would recommend that you at least TRY to buy all the memory you need in ONE kit, because the chances are good that you might not be as lucky a second time.

Or at the very least, buy a memory kit that you KNOW you can supplement with an identical kit later, to minimize the potential for problems, if you can't afford to get it all at once in ONE matched kit.

SeverinV

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2016
Any of those sticks should work fine with that platform. You are fortunate that your mixed configuration has worked without any issues, but I would recommend that you at least TRY to buy all the memory you need in ONE kit, because the chances are good that you might not be as lucky a second time.

Or at the very least, buy a memory kit that you KNOW you can supplement with an identical kit later, to minimize the potential for problems, if you can't afford to get it all at once in ONE matched kit.
But i am wondering if those sticks will work while they are not asrock website as supported ? For example the G.Skill is the difference in one letter. Does it make a difference ?
Thanks for the info,

But i am wondering if those sticks will work while they are not asrock website as supported ?

QVL list is mostly irrelevant. EVERY board has MANY additional memory kits that will work fine on it which are not included on the QVL list. They only test a small sample of memory kits, intended to be suggestive of what types of memory will be compatible. It is not ever an all inclusive list of what will work on a given board.

I never use the motherboard QVL lists as a guide when purchasing memory for a build, and I've probably purchased over 500 memory kits over the last 30 years.

Reactions: SeverinV

SeverinV

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2016
QVL list is mostly irrelevant. EVERY board has MANY additional memory kits that will work fine on it which are not included on the QVL list. They only test a small sample of memory kits, intended to be suggestive of what types of memory will be compatible. It is not ever an all inclusive list of what will work on a given board.

I never use the motherboard QVL lists as a guide when purchasing memory for a build, and I've probably purchased over 500 memory kits over the last 30 years.

Thanks for the info, i will do that.