fatality ASROCK ab350 gaming k4 with Ryzen 7 2700x.

Itsu_haru

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
Hi, I'm planning to upgrade my PC,but I have this motherboard, ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4,won from contest.I was wondering if ryzen 7 2700x would fit with it? also with 2x16GB ram and 1TB SSD?

Thank you

Solution
Yeah, that motherboard is compatible with that CPU, but you will need to update the bios for it to run. In order to update the bios you will need a 1st gen Ryzen CPU. AMD also has a loaner boot kit program where they will send you a CPU update the bios and then you send it back.

Here is a link to the boot kit from AMD:

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx

Yes, that motherboard will support 2x16gb of RAM and a 1tb SSD and more.

What applications are you using? Is this for gaming? I say this, because there are really only specific use cases where you would need 32gb of RAM. Any unused RAM will just sit idle. So 16gb may be a better option, pending on your use case.

Itsu_haru

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

I see,I'm planning to do game stream and some work using chromes ,would it consider a bit of overkill?

The 2700x is a great CPU. It is perfect for streaming. You could get buy with a 2600x if your on a budget as it still has 12 threads. Both are really good so go with whichever you can afford.

Solution