Father's Day Gift Guide, and Win Something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Oh and 1 more thing, i want to know why Rhode Island is excluded from all giveaways. Theyre US, theyre next to massachussetes, and theyre accesible, why are they always out?

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Oh and 1 more thing, i want to know why Rhode Island is excluded from all giveaways. Theyre US, theyre next to massachussetes, and theyre accesible, why are they always out?[/citation]

Pfft, Rhode Island isn't a real place.

nightwraith35711

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
about rhode island (and yes, i copy pasted this from a different website)

Rhode Island is unique because the state law actually requires the company to file a legal statement before it can run a contest in that state. … The statute … details exactly what information must be included in the filed statement. In addition, the law requires the company pay a $150 filing fee. If a company runs a contest in Rhode Island, and fails to file a statement correctly, the company is actually guilty of a criminal misdemeanor!

basically, you have to pay to run a contest there :(

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]nightwraith35711[/nom]about rhode island (and yes, i copy pasted this from a different website)Rhode Island is unique because the state law actually requires the company to file a legal statement before it can run a contest in that state. … The statute … details exactly what information must be included in the filed statement. In addition, the law requires the company pay a $150 filing fee. If a company runs a contest in Rhode Island, and fails to file a statement correctly, the company is actually guilty of a criminal misdemeanor!basically, you have to pay to run a contest there[/citation]
Hah! Stupid law.
However the contest isn't being run in Rhode Island, all you are doing is shipping the prize to someone who lives there.

Status
Not open for further replies.