[SOLVED] Father's Desktop PC Upgrade Advice ?

AC3B00G13

Reputable
Sep 7, 2020
Hello I'm thinking of Renewing / Upgrading my Father's PC, It's a prebuilt LG Desktop that is mainly used for work and general use. It's currently on Windows 7 and run's on the slower side and has it's moment's of loading for minutes which is the major reason for the upgrade. I understand this may be a Virus issue so I am going to be resetting the whole Hard Drive.
In term's of PC component upgrades I'm thinking of adding 2x 8Gb DDR3 RAM or 1x 16GB and adding a SSD for the Boot instead of the 1TB Mechanical Hard Drive and keeping it for Bulk Storage.

Current PC COMPONENTS:

Motherboard: H61M-P20 (G3)
CPU: i3-3200 @ 3.30 Ghz
RAM: 1 x 4GB DDR3 Upgrade ?
HDD: 1TB Seagate Upgrade ?
PSU: 420W

Last edited:
Solution
2x 8GB RAM kit.
SSD - 1TB around $100
Fresh OS install. This wipes out whatever virus may be in there, and gets rid of years worth of old gunk.
Hello I'm thinking of Renewing / Upgrading my Father's PC, It's a prebuilt LG Desktop that is mainly used for work and general use. It's currently on Windows 7 and run's on the slower side and has it's moment's of loading for minutes which is the major reason for the upgrade. I understand this may be a Virus issue so I am going to be resetting the whole Hard Drive.
In term's of PC component upgrades I'm thinking of adding 2x 8Gb DDR3 RAM or 1x 16GB and adding a SSD for the Boot instead of the 1TB Mechanical Hard Drive and keeping it for Bulk Storage.

Current PC COMPONENTS:

Hello there!!
For ram go for dual channel i.e,2x8 and yes ssd is a must but more than that i don't think any think else could be added since you'll be limited by your CPU and if you plan on getting a gpu for pc you might have to change your psu.

If

Current PC COMPONENTS:

If you want to upgrade, I'd say ssd +4gb ram. With an i3 that old you don't need 16 gigs it'll be wasted