Faulty Brand New HDD? (Weird HDTune Graph)

Sep 8, 2018
I have my laptop's HDD replaced due to its sluggish performance. However, I still feel that the performance with the brand new HDD is still slow. I verified the HDD that it is brand new from its power on time (less than 20 hours) and its 100% health. Therefore, I ran HD Tune from my Windows PE Bootable Flashdisk. And here is the result:
FGXA6g5
https://imgur.com/FGXA6g5

Does my HDD behave normally? It falls below 50mb/s for the first 10% (10gb). Sometimes, it also spikes to be above of what it is designed. As far as I know, that curve should be smooth starting high and then slowly starting to drop while moving toward right.

I tried to install other old HDD, and when I ran HD Tune, I got smooth curve starting from high speed and slowly it begins to drop.

Does it mean that I got the faulty HDD replacement? How can I convince the service center to replace it for me as they refused to do it because the health is still 100% and they just replaced it in less than a week.

Thank you for your input.

Sep 8, 2018
Do you recommend normal format or reinitialize the HDD? Because of the dips, I left the first 10gb empty, but somehow, the dips still present like shown in the picture I attach.

Sep 8, 2018

I don't think so, initially, I ran HDTune on my Windows, but it showed that dips. So i thought the dips were caused by the "unreadable" parts since the HDD was used to boot up the laptop, therefore I decided to boot it using flashdisk, so that it will not affect the analysis using HDTune as the HDD is not used to run the windows itself.