Oct 30, 2017
PC specs
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MH
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GTX Nvidia 1050ti
Mobo: Asus Prime B4050M-A
PSU: Corsair CX750M
SSD: Crucial MX500
So recently I bought a new ryzen 5, new ram and mobo and replaced them all with the old devices. For a month, my PC worked fined. Played games and did other stuff perfectly. Suddenly, my monitor turned off randomly while playing along with my keyboard, forcing me to turn it off by force with the power button. I used the Prime95 stress test to check my ram and cpu, the monitor goes off immediately when the test starts. I took it to a PC repair shop. They've so far updated every driver and bios. The temperatures are fine. The computer repair guy tried swapping the GPU, Ram,Monitor, SSD, PSU and the problem persisted. Then the repair guy swapped the cpu with a ryzen 3 and the problem stopped, the PC successfully stressed test Prime95. He said I probably have a faulty cpu although it is very rare. Now the crash is happening more frequently, even when not gaming. Is a faulty cpu the answer or can it be something else? I'm requesting an RMA from AMD but in the meantime I want to make sure I have a faulty CPU. Any advice would help thanks.

Last edited:
More likely is a bad motherboard

Which BIOS version is installed on it? 2006 is the latest one

use memtest.org USB autoinstaller, boot from the flash drive to test the RAM

run the RAM at 2133MHz and run prime95
is the RAM
CMK32GX4M2B3000C15
or
CMK32GX4M2B3000C16?

reset the motherboard by jumper

check the SSD by Crucial´s toolbox, eventually update the firmware if available

did you reinstall windows with the new hardware?

Are any antivirus tools installed?

eduniga

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
More likely is a bad motherboard

Which BIOS version is installed on it? 2006 is the latest one

use memtest.org USB autoinstaller, boot from the flash drive to test the RAM

run the RAM at 2133MHz and run prime95

reset the motherboard by jumper

check the SSD by Crucial´s toolbox, eventually update the firmware if available
Like I said, he installed the latest bios version. He tried with a different ram, and cloned my ssd and tried with another. I ran the ram test from windows and didn't find any errors. I can check the firmware stuff but like I said, he tried with another SSD. The only thing that stopped the problem was swapping the CPU.

eduniga

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
I edited my post, check the RAM speed

did he try it with a ryzen 3 3rd gen or a 2nd gen CPU like your ryzen 5?
Hmmm I'm not sure, all I know he said he tried it with a ryzen 3 with a 1000 number in it. I could call him and ask.

As for the ram I checked the amazon page I bought it and this is the number: CMK16GX4M2D3600C18

eduniga

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
To answer your other questions I have anti virus updated and check for viruses and found none. I haven't tried reinstalling windows. BTW just updated the firmware.