[SOLVED] Faulty CPU?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 18, 2020
Hi all. There is something wrong with my pc -> died 😂 Can anyone tell me what the... is happend? I already disconnected every thing. Only mobo and cpu left. Without CPU motherboard looks ok, but when I pług in cpu it Goes into boot loop. Here are two videos (with and without CPU) how it looks:
View: https://youtu.be/HdxqdKsLSlA

View: https://youtu.be/f1mRdiRtdbc

Motherboard: asus maximus vii hero
CPU: Intel i7 4790k
Cooler removed just before I did this video. Anyway system won't wake up.

Last edited:
Solution
GPU cooler is not a cooler "came with card". It's replace with bigger one (arctic extreme for GPU) . I want to keep light so Put windforce led to new cooling but its not perfectly straight 😃.

Is it any way to check mobo is faulty?

Only with a known good CPU, which is a risk because a bad board can damage that CPU as well. Better off testing the CPU in a known good board, it wouldn't break anything. That said based on the age it may be hard to come by. May be time to just consider an upgrade.
GPU cooler is not a cooler "came with card". It's replace with bigger one (arctic extreme for GPU) . I want to keep light so Put windforce led to new cooling but its not perfectly straight 😃.

Besides using a different CPU, I can't really think of any. But I'd assume both the motherboard and cpu are equally difficult to replace with a known working one at this point, since Haswell is so old.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Only with a known good CPU, which is a risk because a bad board can damage that CPU as well. Better off testing the CPU in a known good board, it wouldn't break anything. That said based on the age it may be hard to come by. May be time to just consider an upgrade.

Reactions: Mateo116
Solution
Feb 18, 2020
Thank you for your help. That's really useful information. You are right, it's time for upgrade.

Reactions: Rogue Leader