Question Faulty/Glitchy touch control pad on all in one desktop

Feb 6, 2020
Sorry if this posted in the wrong section, I am not quite sure where this falls under.

I have an all in one desktop (Lenovo B750 29-inch All-in-One Desktop found here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KLTQP2C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1), the touch control pad which controls the volume and monitor settings seems to of stopped working.

The button to turn on/off the monitor has stopped working. When it did work the screen kept flickering and there were all sorts of random lines showing which kept coming and going. So I have to rely on my secondary monitor. I don't know if this means the monitor itself is faulty too or just the control pad.

Also, the volume down button is always being activated, as soon as I try to manually adjust the volume it goes down almost instantly. I can not think of a workaround.

My warranty has run out, is there anything I can do to at least have sound?

Ralston18

Titan
How old is the Lenovo B750? Condition? Heavily used...etc.?

Per your description of the problems my premise is that the issues are hardware related - faulty/failed components.

Therefore:

If you are up to such things you may be able to replace some of the components. Or maybe you have a knowledgeable family member or friend who can help doing so.

(Caveat being that parts are somewhere available.)

Reference:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/643712/Lenovo-Ideacentre-B750.html?page=35#manual

(Do verify that I found the correct manual.)

Otherwise the All-in-one may need to be taken to a PC store that does repairs.

Feb 6, 2020
Thanks for your response.

It is 4.5 years old now, actually, the LED panel module (which I found from your link to the manual thank you) started failing after about a year and a half, I thought maybe it would sort itself out. Unfortunately, the warranty was not even a year, another reviewer mentions this, it seems Lenovo starts the warranty from when Amazon purchased the units not the date Amazon then sold them to the customer. After three years it just stopped working and that was around the same time the sound kept going to zero.

Apart from that the desktop works fine, I use it every day for work.

I didn't see any parts on eBay for this, maybe there is a way to just disable the LED panel module? At least I will regain control of the sound again. Although Lenovo had advised there is no way to disable it.