Question Faulty GPU or not?

Jan 16, 2024
Hi.
For some time I'm having problems with random crashes on my PC.
Most of the time those crashes result in BlueSOD with DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION message, which indicates storage problems BUT today (after a lot of other attempts) I did a clean reinstall of Windows, installed all the latent drivers for BIOS, SSD, GPU etc.
After 2 mins of playing Witcher 3 and right after closing it i was met with a graphical error, screen freeze and in the end BSOD with error mentioned earlier.

Crashes happen at random, while gaming, browsing web etc. and just sometimes they result in graphical errors (pixels from small random rectangles on screen switch to random colors).

Example images: imgur-link 🖼️

I have had my pc for less than a year, and for the first 7 months, everything was fine.

I suspect GPU or PSU, not the SSD but at this point, I'm just lost.

Do you have any idea what might be the case of the problem? I know the error code indicates the problem with SSD but I tried several BIOS and SSD drivers versions, none made any difference. I was thinking about going to pc service point, but sometimes the pc runs perfectly ok for days and there is no scenario in which pc will fail with 100% certainty.

System: Windows 11 Educational N 23H2
CPU: i7-13700k
CPU cooler: (water AIO) be quiet! Silent Loop 2 280mm 2x140mm
GPU: Inno3D RTX 4070 Ti X3
RAM: Kingston FURY 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL32 Renegade Silver
Mb: Asus PRIME Z690-P WIFI DDR5 BIOS 3010
Storage: Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB
PSU: be quiet pure power 12 M 850W 80 plus gold atx 3.0
CASE: ENDORFY Regnum 400 ARGB

SOFT:
BIOS 3010 (newest right now, previously 2212)
NVIDIA drivers: 546.33 (newest right now)
Intel ME 2131.1.4.0 (will try newest, 2307)

EDIT: Added more hardware and software details and two images

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Where did you source the installer for your OS?

Mb: Asus PRIME Z690-P wifi
What BIOS version are you on?

https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/4162
Is that your PSU?

You forgot to mention the make and model of your ram and how you're cooling the processor + the make and model of your case. Please add them.

Jan 16, 2024
@Lutfij
Where did you source the installer for your OS?

I performed Clean install of Windows 11 using installation media described here. So total wipe of data from SSD, and installation via USB.
https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/4162
Is that your PSU?
Yes
What BIOS version are you on?
3010, updated today from (i think) 2212. It was the first time I updated it, but just to be clear, the problem occurred on the previous version and is still present.

I also added some more info and two images of my screen crashing (again , they occur during just some of the cashes)