[SOLVED] Faulty gpu or psu?

Jul 13, 2021
Okay so here's what happened. I recenly built my own pc but after 1 month it started crashing and rebooting but since its still working after rebooting I haven't thought much about it. Now, one night I gamed like a maniac it never crashed and after a while I got sleepy and forgot to turn off the pc. The problem is when I woke up the next morning the screen resolution on my monitor turned to the lowest possible, like 480*640 something like that. So I thought that its a graphic driver problem so naturally uninstalled using ddu and reinstalled. Still the same. Then I reformatted my windows 10 then it got worse, the screen started turning on and off frequently I mean really freaquently, like 10 times in 5 second. Really un usable. Then it started showing horizontal lines.

Heres my specs.

Intel i3
Msi h310m vdh pro plus
Rtx 3060
And cheap psu, aigoo 650w bronze, worth 50$

And all the parts are new, just almost 3 months.

Solution
Dude your Psu probably killed your gpu because of the cheap psu brand, I recommend you buy a good psu brand next time like cooler master, corsair, Thermaltake, seasonic, evga ect. Remember psu is also very important part for your pc, its the heart of your pc so make sure you buy a good one. Now for the gpu i guess it probably start artifacting. if its artifacts, maybe you should bring your gpu to your retailer, its a new gpu so i guess its still under warranty. If they cant fix it, then the last option is to try baking your Gpu, this method has been around for a while and it worked for me, remember this must be the last resort if your going for this oftion. And if you want to do it just search it online on how to bake your gpu.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
Your psu might have killed the gpu. Aigo is a low quality psu, very common in asia.

i had an aigo psu before (ak600 iirc), and it killed my motherboard. It reminded me of my travel to korea ~three years ago… people there say the word “aigoo” to express frustration; thats what it is, frustration.

never skimp on the psu, it will backfire eventually.

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
Dude your Psu probably killed your gpu because of the cheap psu brand, I recommend you buy a good psu brand next time like cooler master, corsair, Thermaltake, seasonic, evga ect. Remember psu is also very important part for your pc, its the heart of your pc so make sure you buy a good one. Now for the gpu i guess it probably start artifacting. if its artifacts, maybe you should bring your gpu to your retailer, its a new gpu so i guess its still under warranty. If they cant fix it, then the last option is to try baking your Gpu, this method has been around for a while and it worked for me, remember this must be the last resort if your going for this oftion. And if you want to do it just search it online on how to bake your gpu.

Solution
Jul 13, 2021
Thats sad. But can the blinking screen happen if the output power of the psu is too low? Planning to buy seasonic focus gx750 today then trying it on the gpu. Will update you of what will happen.

Thanks guys

Aug 18, 2019

Agree with Giant here, if you have good components make sure to get a Good PSU regardless if you have low end mobo and GPU rather getting a Korean PSU or cheaper ones its a Must im pretty sure you'll be able to get a Good Decent PSU.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
Agree with Giant here, if you have good components make sure to get a Good PSU regardless if you have low end mobo and GPU rather getting a Korean PSU or cheaper ones its a Must im pretty sure you'll be able to get a Good Decent PSU.

Just a fact, aigo is not a korean psu. I doubt any korean would give a brand such a name if they want to make money.

i have no idea where it originates though…

Jul 13, 2021
Update!

My seasonic gx750 finally arrived on july 24 and voila! It worked!.

But for only 4 days.

After that it started artifacting again but not as bad as the aigoo psu. What could be the problem?

TRENDING THREADS