Question Faulty GPU?

Jan 9, 2020
Yesterday I tried to wake up my pc after it was switched to sleep mode and I wasn't able to use it anymore. I'm using Samsung monitor that is connect to my pc via HDMI. The monitor just couldn't connect to my pc and eventually I started getting no signal, check cables message. I've tried pretty much everything I could think of and everything failed, then I removed my graphics card and connected my monitor to integrated video card on my motherboard via HDMI and it worked. It also works when it is connected using VGA connector to the motherboard. Also there is a single beep when computer is starting which I believe should be there and it always was; however, when the graphics card stopped working there was no beep, like the pc wasn't loading properly. It seems that the graphics card does not allow my pc/monitor work properly.

I've tried connecting the same monitor via HDMI to my laptop and it works perfectly. So it seems that there are no issues with the monitor or HDMI cables. I've also tried to connect my monitor to my old pc that I don't use anymore. It could not be connected via HDMI to GPU or using VGA connection to the motherboard; however, I managed to connect it using VGA connection to the GPU. This is kinda confusing..

Anyways.. when I removed the GPU from my main pc I was able to get it connected to the monitor. I've already ordered a new graphics card and I really hope it works.. if not a new motherboard or PSU might be needed.. well at least that what I found doing search on Google as possible causes of malfunction.

If anyone had same/similar problem or have any ideas on how to fix this your input is welcome.

Jan 9, 2020
I think everything you did makes sense.
I suspect the graphics card as well.
You could always put the questionable GPU in another machine to confirm....but I think you are on the right track.
Unfortunately, I can't test the GPU on my old pc.. It would make a lot of sense if it actually would be the GPU. If not I guess I'll try to order a new PSU and a new motherboard and use 14 days return option for the parts that I don't need. If this doesn't work I'm out of ideas..