[SOLVED] Faulty graphics card

hars

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2013
Hi,

This is in continuation to a previous thread of mine about a problem related to the motherboard where the PC was not booting or even if it booted, the display would go off after a while.

After getting the board inspected by a technician, he said that the PCIe slot is not working properly and since it cannot be repaired, the whole board needs to be changed.

I wasn't convinced and decided to get it thoroughly checked by another technician. It turned out that the motherboard was working fine, but it was my graphics card that was causing the issue. He checked the board by using a different graphics card just to be sure, and everything was working properly.

He suggested that I buy a new card since it would take a lot of time to find the exact problem with my old one, and even if he repaired it, there was no guarantee how long it would last. The options he gave me for a new card were - ASUS GT 710 and GT 730 2GB GDDR 5.

I checked the reviews and found that both the cards are weak for gaming in comparison to my current card (Sapphire R7 250).

I would like to know if there are any other low-budget cards available that I can buy which will at least match the performance of my current one.

My system specs:
Processor: AMD FX 6300
Graphics card: Sapphire R7 250 1GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 12GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M
PSU: Corsair VS450
Monitor: LG 22MP68

Thanks.

Last edited: