[SOLVED] Faulty graphics cards or other problem in new build?

Jun 5, 2020
Looking for help following a new build. Since building new PC I have had ongoing issues with graphics cards.
First card was a MSi RX 5700 XT which work fine booting and in Windows 10, but as soon as you would load any games there would be a black screen and the game would crash after 30 seconds to a few minutes. Trialled various driver versions, clean installs, used DDU, all with no improvement.

Have swapped it out for a MSi RXT 2060 super which again booted to windows fine when first installed. Loaded drivers for the card and when it restarted ended up with the monitor asleep, PC and graphics cards lights and fans running but the mobo ezy debug GPU LED is on. When powered off for a while it might work and boot normal but as soon as you restart the same thing happens.

Trying to test the RTX 2060 super card in another PC, but given 2 graphics cards are playing up does this indicate it is more likely to be either the motherboard or PSU?

The RX 5700 XT has been tested by the retailer and working normally.

Current set up

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHZ
Corsair 750 RM 80+ Gold PSU
Graphics cards as above
Windows 10

Solution
Thanks Lutfij, your tip regard the bios might be the issue. The current bios is version 1.6, I will try to go to version 1.8 and see if that resolves the issues.
Just checked the MSi site interestingly the RTX 2060 super is not listed on the supported VGA list, I will check further with MSi. I will get the RX 5700 XT back and try it with the updated bios.

RTX 2060 Work Fine with that motherboard. Try to update your Bios.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8gR2PoJzXs

Lutfij

Titan
First make sure that you are not experiencing any issue while hovering in BIOS and while in OS GUI when idle. Then make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then you can try and use a donor PSU that is reliably built and has at 650W of power for your entire build.

I would breadboard the system to see if there's anything shorting the board. Which slots have you populated with the rams...? Lastly, which version of Windows 10 are you on? You forgot to also mention the title(s) that are causing this issue.

Jun 5, 2020
First make sure that you are not experiencing any issue while hovering in BIOS and while in OS GUI when idle. Then make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then you can try and use a donor PSU that is reliably built and has at 650W of power for your entire build.

I would breadboard the system to see if there's anything shorting the board. Which slots have you populated with the rams...? Lastly, which version of Windows 10 are you on? You forgot to also mention the title(s) that are causing this issue.
Thanks Lutfij, your tip regard the bios might be the issue. The current bios is version 1.6, I will try to go to version 1.8 and see if that resolves the issues.
Just checked the MSi site interestingly the RTX 2060 super is not listed on the supported VGA list, I will check further with MSi. I will get the RX 5700 XT back and try it with the updated bios.

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018

RTX 2060 Work Fine with that motherboard. Try to update your Bios.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8gR2PoJzXs

Solution