[SOLVED] Faulty Intel Centrino N-1000

tomer-k

Reputable
Mar 29, 2019
Hi,
I own an old Toshiba Portege Z380-P330 and I'm having difficulties with Intel's Centrino N-1000 component, as it doesn't get fully detected by the device manager. Although I tried to Install any relevant driver and remove the driver, restart and install it again, nothing helped. I searched the Centrino in AliExpress and found that it's very cheap nowadays, but I don't know if there are several different versions of it. Are there? Which should I choose for my laptop?
And on second thought, as it's so cheap, I would like to know if there's an upgraded Centrino component (with better WiFi speed and maybe even Bluetooth) that I can buy, which will surely be compatible with my Z380-P330.
Any thoughts, please?

Solution
You should pop open your laptop, then match the WiFi adapter online to the one you have in your laptop. I had to replace the WiFi adapter on my sister's Asus UL80VT-WX001, in which was an Intel Centrino N-1000 series, which happens to be an 112BNHMW. I went through the spec sheet for her laptop, then matched the slot, which was a half height mPCIe card, so I bit the bullet and picked up an Intel Centrino Advanced N-6230 WiFi adapter.

Dropped in no issues, and then all that was needed was installing relevant drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator after sourcing drivers from the www.

Can you parse an image of the WiFi adapter in your laptop for us to take a look at...?

Lutfij

Titan
You should pop open your laptop, then match the WiFi adapter online to the one you have in your laptop. I had to replace the WiFi adapter on my sister's Asus UL80VT-WX001, in which was an Intel Centrino N-1000 series, which happens to be an 112BNHMW. I went through the spec sheet for her laptop, then matched the slot, which was a half height mPCIe card, so I bit the bullet and picked up an Intel Centrino Advanced N-6230 WiFi adapter.

Dropped in no issues, and then all that was needed was installing relevant drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator after sourcing drivers from the www.

Can you parse an image of the WiFi adapter in your laptop for us to take a look at...?

Solution
As Lutfij said, I replaced some other Centrino adapters with newer Wireless AC adapters and they worked much better.

Take a picture of the adapter for us, and we can tell you what fits into the slot.

Also, what version of windows are you running? Windows 7 or newer hopefully??

TRENDING THREADS