Faulty internet at school

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012
So the whole dorm is having this problem, and I don't think I can handle going without internet :|. (brighthouse networks)

In the first week, I couldn't get a solid connection and solved the issue by switching to large send offload v2 from v1.

There have been posts about internet problems on the facebook page, but until a few days ago, my connection was stable enough for everything, including league games IF the patcher ever finished updating at 0kbps.

Almost every room is having an issue where sometimes it will go through and sometimes it won't. A ping to google.com could get anywhere from 1 response to 100% response.

The common area downstairs has working wifi, but now too many people on the second floor are trying to use it.

The dorm manager tried to call a professional in to troubleshoot, and I think that's where my internet started to cut out. I get the impression that he called brighthouse networks instead of a real professional.

Every room has preconfigured wifi, and we're not allowed to mess with it.

No local pc settings seem to be causing this issue.

Packets are lost between here and the cloud. I'm aware of some things that might cause this issue, but it seems most likely that it's either due to the stormy weather or someone screwing up the mesh network.

Any thoughts?