Question Faulty laptop cooling?

Hello Everyone,

About 2 months ago I bought a Lenovo Legion Y540. Im pretty satisfied with it performance and cooling.

Quick summary, I was gaming yesterday and I always have my Y540 in quiet mode, which makes the cpu run at 25w to stay cooler. I have an undervolt of -145mv which worked great and stable for a few weeks now.
My cpu stays mostly in the 70 degrees and the gpu at 65c.

Yesterday I was using msi afterburner and suddenly saw my gpu at 83c and my cpu at mid 90's. This was in quiet mode, I suddenly realised I wasnt hearing my fans spinning or atleast very softly. After a reboot the fans were working again and the temps were back at normal, but I never had this issues before. Is it possible that there is a malfunction in my laptop? Because this doesnt seem normal.

Kind regards.

Sorry, no I always have afterburner on, I always check my temps while gaming, I also use Hwmonitor in the background. I dont like my laptop getting too warm so this way I can keep an eye out.

Normally the fans always work and the temps are normal, only this one time it didnt somehow. After a reboot it worked again.