Faulty MB or CPU

Livio Macaj

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
I had an old pc laying around and decided to upgrade it for a simple gaming pc or htpc . Anyway , i checked the motherboard and it was an asrock conroe 1333 d667 mb . It could support up to a c2d e8400 cpu, and because it was cheap (5$) decided to buy one. Bought also a gtx 750. I tested the pc before putting the new parts , and it was working perfectly . It had an old pentium e2180 and i was able to oc it to 2.5 ghz with no prb. I installed the new cpu and gpu like shown in the manual and the pc booted. But the pc would crash as soon as i opened a game or cpu stress testing. I left everything in the bios to defaults but still the same problem. Tried underclocking , changing memory , flashing new bios , changing thermal paste still the problem persisted. I tried 200 fsb which i know it works with the old cpu , restarts again. Tried windows 7 and 10 , same results. The system can boot and work for sometime like 5 min after that the screen becomes black and the pc restarts. It tries to restart for 1 , 2 times and then boots up , but the problem is still there. The gpu is working , i tested it with the other pc.