[SOLVED] faulty mobo cause kernal power 41(63) error

May 3, 2021
im having kernal power error 41 while gaming. i tested without gpu but not fixed, tried sfc/scan, memtest no error found. i have already tested my gpu and psu with my friends pc and they are just fine. My friend didnt have a single problem with my gpu or psu . then what is the problem with my build ? is motherboard faulty or sorted ? (my case and keyboard's some place are giving me earthing/ mild electrinc shock) i dont know if my mobo has touched the case(corsair graphite 760t). also im running only 1stick of gskill trident z 8gb ram in the 4th ram slot because my mobo dont detect any ram in 1st 3 slot debug code 55 0d 4c 00.
already tried with power option, driver update etc. what should i do ?

My System:

Intel i7 6700K
corsair 110i gt aio cooler
MSI Nvidia GeForce 970 gaming 4G
MSI Z170 Gaming m7 motherboard
G. skill trident z 8 gb
plextor s3c 250 gb ssd
WD Blue SATA 1 TB 7200 RPM
WD Blue SATA 1 TB 7200 RPM
corsair k70, thermaltake ventus x mouose
thermaltake smart se 730 watt semi-moduler psu.
corsair graphite 760t

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

(my case and keyboard's some place are giving me earthing/ mild electrinc shock)
That would indicate that you have a grounding issue in your home. Call over a certified electrician and ask them to scope out the wiring. You will need an earthing in your power line to avoid static charge build up. That could likely be the only issue you have.

Outside of that please throw away that SMART SE PSU, it's lackluster in quality and does not hold up to the other brands. How Thermaltake named that into a PSU and not a paperweight, is beyond me. How old is the PSU?

Reactions: Dead Rabbit
May 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

(my case and keyboard's some place are giving me earthing/ mild electrinc shock)
That would indicate that you have a grounding issue in your home. Call over a certified electrician and ask them to scope out the wiring. You will need an earthing in your power line to avoid static charge build up. That could likely be the only issue you have.

Outside of that please throw away that SMART SE PSU, it's lackluster in quality and does not hold up to the other brands. How Thermaltake named that into a PSU and not a paperweight, is beyond me. How old is the PSU?

the psu is 5years old

You can have a grounding issue due to a bad PSU or bad power cord....but most of the time I find it is the outlet.
Agreed, he can get a commercial or business grade outlet to rewire and test if he is comfortable doing so. They are dirt cheap and there is a strong possibility its the issue. Please do not attempt any electrical work @Dead Rabbit if you do not know what you are doing.