Question Faulty motherboard? causing GPU/Wifi card issues

Zoladex

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2013
Heya, hoping to pick a wise brain, wiser than me anyways (easily done ha!). Possibly a Bios or Windows setting, but im eyeing the motherboard at fault as tried a few fixes to no avail...

I've had the below ongoing issues for a while. The fixes so far are; new wifi/bluetooth card; playing advanced powerplans (PCI power etc); reinstall windows, new PSU. but none really helped (see gpu note).
So im now eyeing the motherboard at fault and possible replacement. Though if i did that i would probably be looking at a CPU/MB bundle which is getting pricy and might not even fix the issue :( (if its bios or a window setting)

CPU: 3600 AMD
GPU: 6800 XT
MB: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE
WiFi: TP-LINK AX3000

The issues are:
Bluetooth #1
Stops responding, thankfully mainly when not in use. Seems randomly not to work on bootup or after waking up from sleep, the icon disappears from windows bar and can only be fixed by disable/reenable in device manager.

Bluetooth #2?
Not 100% sure this is bluetooth or not, however when gaming with a controller it just stops working. A quick double alt tab fixes this one. Its like the game simply lost focus, as if it was running in windowed mode and there was a popup. However the mouse and keyboard keep working fine. Current theory is either mouse(razor)/keyboard(logictech) detects one of them going to sleep and has a nosy, but there no message or anything.

GPU - note: Resolved? as an AMD driver issue
Simply just crashes the AMD driver and gives me a black screen, waiting for driver recovery after 20-30s fixes this. I thought was my old PSU as it was almost maxed out, but happens on my new one too. might just be AMD drivers not liking my setup. I have a 2k monitor and a 4k TV and LOTS of Chrome tabs, maybe this is just confusing the driver? Was never an issue with an old Nvidia GPU i had with this MB. As mentioned in the note this appears resolved in the latest AMD driver update, but had been going on for almost a year! (touch wood)

WiFi: Archer TX3000E / TP-LINK AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Bluetooth 5.2 PCI - Intel AX200
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-U12S
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite - Bios: F15C
Ram: VIPER STEEL16GB 4133MHZ (2x8GB @ 3600MHz)
SSD/HDD: Samsung 980 PRO SSD
GPU: Gigabyte 6800 XT
PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
MB: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE
The board doesn't come with Wireless connectivity bundled, what is the make and model of your wireless adapter? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

WiFi: TP-LINK AX3000
Is a wireless router...

You might want to list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the parts you've swapped out, for the sake of relevance.

Zoladex

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2013
Heya, makes sense, i have attached the below. WiFi card was a bit weird seemed to pop up all sorts of info. I guessing its the different parts of the kit?

WiFi: Archer TX3000E / TP-LINK AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Bluetooth 5.2 PCI - Intel AX200
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-U12S
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite - Bios: F15C
Ram: VIPER STEEL16GB 4133MHZ (2x8GB @ 3600MHz)
SSD/HDD: Samsung 980 PRO SSD
GPU: Gigabyte 6800 XT
PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W