Question Faulty Motherboard or CPU

Jul 18, 2024
**Processor:** Ryzen 3 3200G
**Motherboard:** Asus Prime A320M-K

It used to boot, but only on Linux. It wouldn't boot or even install any Windows OS. My installation media is correct, and I also tried using a drive with Windows already installed, but it still wouldn't boot. It just kept restarting until it crashed with different colored screens.

So, I settled to use Linux for several months without any issues.

Until now. While using it, it suddenly turned off and now it seems to restart every millisecond.

Already tried:
- Resetting CMOS battery
- Cleaning and resetting RAM
- Trying to power on without RAM
- Testing PSU with a paperclip
- Changing PSU

I suspect the motherboard is faulty. I think the cause might be the sudden offs from the UPS I’m using, and it happens frequently.

What do you think is the problem? I’m worried that if I replace the motherboard, it might actually be the CPU that's faulty. I don’t have spare parts to test.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Testing PSU with a paperclip
The paperclip test is flawed, it shows that the PSU can output power but it doesn't tell how much power it can effectively output.