Question Faulty motherboard? Or something else?

Jun 23, 2019
Hello everybody ,
I’m having a problem with my 2 week old first built computer where my PC will power on with case fans working and then turn off which leads to the motherboard led lights to start flashing. The strange thing is after doing a complete strip of the system and adding parts one by one the PC powers on and stays on up until I add the ram onto the motherboard. Once Ram is installed the system powers on and promptly turns off. I have tried different DIMM slots on the motherboard as well as have tried my friends working ram and have concluded that it is not the ram itself that is the issue. What I suspected was the issue at first was the PSU but I have tested it with a multimeter and tested my friends working one and the the system still does not stay powered on. When the Ram is not installed the LED light on the motherboard indicate there is no ram. Than when I have ram installed both the CPU and RAM LEDs flash on for a few seconds before turning off indicating there may be a problem with them.

My troubleshooting points to an issue with the motherboard, possibly a short somewhere but is it plausible it can be something else such as the CPU?

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G
Mobo: B450 aorus pro WiFi
GPU: Sapphire RX570
PSU: EVGA 500W white

Jun 23, 2019
I am using 2x4 sticks of DDR4 Viper 4 ram at 3000MHz . My motherboard says that it supports up to 3200MHz of DDR4 ram . Plus my PC was running just fine the day prior.