[SOLVED] Faulty motherboard out from box (New Build)

dinoomc

Prominent
Dec 22, 2018
Hi there, I am looking for some advice.

I am building a new pc for my roommate. ( I have built a few systems before this ) After wiring everything and turning the computer I have noticed that the pc does not boot. - no beep codes, nothing at all.

I have tried the following

CMOS reset.
Trying a different psu
Singling out components
Switching ram and adjusting ram sticks
Jumping through mobo.

I have concluded that the motherboard came defective and dead. But does anyone have any suggestions before I go and replace the parts?

Edit:
Components
CPU: Ryzen 3600x
Cooler: Bequiet dark rock 4
RAM: 8x2 DDR4 3000mhz Thermaltake Tough ram
Mobo : MSI Tomahawk Max
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Super
PSU : 620 W Seasonic 620 Bronze Certified
Storage: Seagate m.2 ssd 1tb

Last edited:
Solution
coolness.
try forcing a beep code.
disconnect everything apart from the CPU, keyboard, speaker and GPU. I did not forget RAM, pull the RAM and try to boot the minimum system with no RAM installed.
in my experience if you cannot force a beep code in this way the motherboard is toast.
call MSI and setup a return.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Welcome to the Forums :D

this is the no boot troubleshooter and is usually solves most issues. go down every step. step 17 did you connect a speaker to the header?

Reactions: dinoomc

dinoomc

Prominent
Dec 22, 2018
Welcome to the Forums :D

this is the no boot troubleshooter and is usually solves most issues. go down every step. step 17 did you connect a speaker to the header?
Hi thanks, yup it was one of the first steps, no response from the speaker. Yeah haha I was looking at this before I posted this

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
coolness.
try forcing a beep code.
disconnect everything apart from the CPU, keyboard, speaker and GPU. I did not forget RAM, pull the RAM and try to boot the minimum system with no RAM installed.
in my experience if you cannot force a beep code in this way the motherboard is toast.
call MSI and setup a return.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS