Question Faulty motherboard?

tudorcardei

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018
So I recently bought some components and made a new pc, upon setting the graphics card onto the motherboard I accidentaly scratched it , the problem is that I have sound problems that consist of the right headset being somewhere like 10%-20% louder than the left one, also if I pause a video I hear this cracking sound, kinda hard to describe, it is not loud or really annoying but the only thing that annoys me about that sound is that the motherboard might be broken. Now I dont know if I damaged the motherboard because when I scratched it or if it came faulty because from what I've inspected I didnt scratch any circuits or anything important. Also the headphones are not the problem since I also tried other types of headphone and plugged them both in the back of the PC at the motherboard ports and infront at the case ports and the problem persists. And the drivers are also not the problem since I tried both without drivers and with the latest drivers and once again the problem is still there. I will also add some photos: View: https://imgur.com/a/6EOQxrM

My build is:
  • Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro AC
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
  • 16GB RAM DDR4 3200Mhz DualChannel
  • MSI 3060 Ti
  • Zalman ARX 750W 80+ Platinum

Lutfij

Titan
So I recently bought some components and made a new pc,
You mean you performed an upgrade or did you build the system from the ground up?

Make and model of your headset? How are you tethered to the audio device? Might want to try another pair of headsets to rule out your current headset being the root of the issue. If you've migrated your older system's OS drive without reinstalling the OS, then the issue might very well be there. You're advised to reinstall your OS (afresh) when you swap motherboard's/platforms.

As for the scratches, they don't look like your mishap with the GPU knocked anything off of the motherboard.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Reactions: KyaraM

tudorcardei

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018
So I recently bought some components and made a new pc,
You mean you performed an upgrade or did you build the system from the ground up?

Make and model of your headset? How are you tethered to the audio device? Might want to try another pair of headsets to rule out your current headset being the root of the issue. If you've migrated your older system's OS drive without reinstalling the OS, then the issue might very well be there. You're advised to reinstall your OS (afresh) when you swap motherboard's/platforms.

As for the scratches, they don't look like your mishap with the GPU knocked anything off of the motherboard.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?
I reinstalled the Windows, even updated to Windows 11 and the problem is still there, the bios is F15c , I updated the bios at home, the preinstalled version I think it was F11 if im correct and my headset is HyperX Cloud Alpha , the headset is also new but I also tried other headsets and the problem is still there.