Faulty or incompatible ram

Jan 16, 2019
I have recently purchased a new ram stick for pc as it was typically using 90% while playing games such as PUBG so i wanted to have some extra space to run other apps. I currently have kingston hyperx ddr4 8gb ram and now 8gb ddr4 corsair vengeance ram. They both have the same speeds and power rating however they do not work together as my pc will continuously beep upon startup. only one at a time works. i verified the max ram usage of my motherboard and it said 32gb and there are zero forums regarding my issue. Yes i have also cleared the cmos using the button and removing it.The kingston ram has lasted me for almost two years perfectly fine. I have a ga-h110m-s2h motherboard which only has two slots for ram. I think it may either be the two different brands of ram or an issue with the motherboard. I have intel i5 6500 processor too incase that makes a difference in this post.

Solution
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
That is why ram vendors will NOT support ram that is not bought in one kit.

My best suggestion is to install just one stick and increase the ram voltage in the bios a bit.
Then install the other stick.
Sometimes that will work.

Otherwise, buy a matched 2 x 8gb kit and dispose of your old ram,
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
That is why ram vendors will NOT support ram that is not bought in one kit.

My best suggestion is to install just one stick and increase the ram voltage in the bios a bit.
Then install the other stick.
Sometimes that will work.

Otherwise, buy a matched 2 x 8gb kit and dispose of your old ram,

Solution
Jan 16, 2019

How do i increase the voltage on my bios? is it as simple as opening it and following the categories that appear or do i have to code anything

Jan 16, 2019
I have come to the conclusion that the ram i have received is faulty. There are several bad reviews on the products from a month ago about receiving faulty items in the package. The ram no longer works whatsoever and i am going to ask for a full refund and repurchase the same ram i have now. I know this still isn't ideal but i have only got so much money i can spend and refunding my old ram wont provide enough to buy a kit of two. Thank you for the help though it is appreciated.

You can test ram with memtest86.
You should be able to complete a full pass with NO errors.

I doubt either stick is faulty by itself.
Test them individually to verify.

When you access the bios, there may be an advanced options tab.
Because your H110 motherboard is a very basic one, there may not be such an option.
Regardless, you are looking for an option to set the ram voltage higher than the 1.2v
If you have such an option, try 1.25v.
Since the only supported speed is 2133, I doubt that you will find any option to increase voltage.
Speeds greater than 2400 are what need more voltage.

Best to simply buy a 2 x 8gb kit of 2133 DDR4 ram and dispose of the old ram.

Jan 16, 2019

My old ram works just fine and ive ran two others tests already on it however my new ram stick doesnt even allow my pc to start up. There was an option to increase the voltage on my bios and it made zero difference to the new ram.

Jan 16, 2019

My old ram works perfectly fine however i dont have the money to buy a kit of two so i sent back the faulty ram today and im going to recieve a refund within 5 working days

All you can do.

If you can buy/sell on ebay, you can probably make it work by buying used and selling your old ram.
Ram usually has a lifetime warranty and ebay protects buyers.

Jan 16, 2019

Yeah i guess so but i have to wait for my money to be refunded either way first