Faulty Pci-e slot, or?

Jimzeel

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
I installed my motherboard in a new case yesterday and at the first boot to windows everything worked perfectly. Now when I put my PCcase vertically my videocard does not get recognized, although the fans are spinning and my system boots to Windows normally. When checking the systemmanager the card is not displayed. The wierd thing is when I put the case horizontally this issue does not happen and my PC boots normally with the videocard working as normal. Can this be due to a faulty pci-e slot? Or can it be somethin else that I have overlooked?

could be a few issues. the 8 pin or 24 pin atx power plugs are not locked in. the video card is not locked into the video card slot. ckeck that the video card not shorting out to the top of the mb parts or the mb is bending and shorting out to the mb tray. check that the mb not shorting out to the metal io sheild on the rear.. check inside the pci video slot for foam or dirt or bent pin. check on the video card for missing or short copper finger. check that the pci slot not cracked on ether end so that the video card is flopping.

Jimzeel

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013

I tried al that already. I now just had my case horizontally and it worked fine, placed it vertically and it wont recognise my videocard. And that without any change to the system. And when I placed it horizontally again it boots fine again.

Jimzeel

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013

No wires in the way, placing the videocard into the other pcie slot it works flawlessly.