Question Faulty PSU or GPU or more.

Dec 11, 2020
Hello, something happened today while I was playing Cyberpunk 2077 on my system: RTX 2060, Ryzen 3700x, Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570, Corsair CX650M.
The PC suddently turned off with a small POP/Click noise along side some smell. The RGB on the CPU fan and RAM were still on, but no fans working and no sound in general, screen was black and the electric breaker for the plugs in my room went down, had to manually turn back on but the PC went out of power completely, had to turn the PSU off and take it out for inspection, there is a slight smell to it similar to the one of the incident and also the GPU seems to have a smell to it but different from the PSU, nothing visible at a first visual inspection due to the backplate.
My mind tells me that the PSU died and might have taken the GPU with it but can't confirm yet since i ordered a new PSU and have to wait for testing, I know corsair has some counter measures in their low end PSU's so i can't tell yet if i got lucky or not with the rest of the parts.
Waiting on your thoughts, first time using a forum like this in general since my personal basic expertise helped me with general hardware and software problems but now I am in a very bad mood without a PC during lockdown in a jolly month like December.

Dec 11, 2020
Something to mention for the post i made above, CPU was set on precision boost overclock while the GPU had the power limit and temp sliders to max with 80% fan speed, the whole pc was plugged in older sockets together with other devices like. TV, router and home phone.