[SOLVED] Faulty PSU or GPU?

zrkraus

Reputable
Mar 9, 2018
so for christmas I got myself a new rtx 2080 super, and not long after I got a new corsair RM 850x PSU to cope with the new increase in power because my old psu was only 550 W. Since installing both parts ive been experiencing some very strange things any time I have any games open. The first is that regardless of the game, my screen starts flickering, so much so that its quite nauseating. Now, specifically when im playing destiny 2, entire portions of the map just arent rendering, along with the continued flickering. I went into my computer and made sure that all components were installed properly, and that any cables were pushed in all the way multiple times. and yet the problem still keeps happening. I'm basically to a point where I have no choice but to ask if either part is faulty in some way, and if there is any way to test that at all?

Solution
so for christmas I got myself a new rtx 2080 super, and not long after I got a new corsair RM 850x PSU to cope with the new increase in power because my old psu was only 550 W. Since installing both parts ive been experiencing some very strange things any time I have any games open. The first is that regardless of the game, my screen starts flickering, so much so that its quite nauseating. Now, specifically when im playing destiny 2, entire portions of the map just arent rendering, along with the continued flickering. I went into my computer and made sure that all components were installed properly, and that any cables were pushed in all the way multiple times. and yet the problem still keeps happening. I'm basically to a point...
so for christmas I got myself a new rtx 2080 super, and not long after I got a new corsair RM 850x PSU to cope with the new increase in power because my old psu was only 550 W. Since installing both parts ive been experiencing some very strange things any time I have any games open. The first is that regardless of the game, my screen starts flickering, so much so that its quite nauseating. Now, specifically when im playing destiny 2, entire portions of the map just arent rendering, along with the continued flickering. I went into my computer and made sure that all components were installed properly, and that any cables were pushed in all the way multiple times. and yet the problem still keeps happening. I'm basically to a point where I have no choice but to ask if either part is faulty in some way, and if there is any way to test that at all?
Sounds more like a driver issue.

Solution