Question Faulty PSU or graphics card?

altaray

Commendable
Jan 11, 2019
Hi there.

I bought new graphics card (RTX 3070) and PSU (Aerocool VX-Plus 750W) last week. PSU didn't arrive until the weekend so I decided to install the GPU. My old PSU was 600W so, computer restarted itself on heavy load. The screens went black but the sound of the game was still playing. After few seconds with "drrr" sound computer restarted itself. When my PSU arrived, I installed it. And yet the black screens were there but not often. Which one could be faulty?

My system:
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 - 3.2 GHz (yup bottleneck, waiting for 5600x)
G.skill RipjawsV 8x2 16GB 3200MHz
Gigabyte AB350-Gaming Motherboard
Inno3D RTX 3070 iCHILL x4
Aerocool VX-Plus 750W

Old PSU: Coolermaster Elite V3 600W
Old GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 760

4745454b

Titan
First, the new psu is garbage. Sorry.

Bad caps, not 80+ certified, group regulated, and a laughable TWO pcie power plugs on a 750W unit? My old 450W had two sets of those. I'm not sure why you decided to spend your money on this unit but to be honest I'd get a different psu.

Also to be honest I'm not sure it's the psu causing issues. Assuming the review site wasn't lying and they could pull 700W from it, that should be enough power for your 3070. That's a brand new gpu on a really old board. Perhaps you need a bios update?

altaray

Commendable
Jan 11, 2019
First, the new psu is garbage. Sorry.

Bad caps, not 80+ certified, group regulated, and a laughable TWO pcie power plugs on a 750W unit? My old 450W had two sets of those. I'm not sure why you decided to spend your money on this unit but to be honest I'd get a different psu.

Also to be honest I'm not sure it's the psu causing issues. Assuming the review site wasn't lying and they could pull 700W from it, that should be enough power for your 3070. That's a brand new gpu on a really old board. Perhaps you need a bios update?

I know, PSU is garbage but I was going to use it for 3 months. I updated the bios to the latest but no luck. Still crashing.