Question Faulty PSU? PC doesn't resume from sleep mode.

Sep 15, 2020
I am currently using an Asus Thor 850W PSU (purchased from a week ago) and I've noticed some issues.

Yesterday when I booted up the pc, the fans span loudly, monitor remained blank (no connection), and the MOBO CPU light flashed red. I reseated the ATX and CPU cables, no issues booting since.

Now every time the PC goes to sleep - either automatically or manually - it fails to resume. The fans will spin loudly, the CPU light flashes red, and monitor remains blank. I have to manually turn off or reset the PC to get back into it.

This was not an issue with my previous PSU, an EVGA G2.

Could the PSU be faulty?

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020
Anyone?

Now I'm getting issues trying to boot the PC. Occasionally it doesn't go through.

The only recent change to my system was the new power supply. I hope this is the underlying issue...

Sep 15, 2020
Lets hope that will solve it.
This is highly irregular. Since purchasing the new PSU (although I have yet to install it), I've had ZERO issues with booting or resuming from sleep. I have still kept the 850W Asus Thor in my system.

I've done a few stress tests such as 3D Mark, Unigine Superposition, and played a few games. No issues.

What could this be?