Aug 20, 2020
I recently got 2 blue screens, one which was memory related but I cannot remember the error code for sure and one that was related to corruption. I ran a drive health test and both my drives are ok. Then I ran Memory Diagnostic Tool and it said that it detected a hardware problem. Does that mean I have to change my RAM? Also, I would like to mention that this was my first pc I ever built and the ram was ordered 2 days ago.

Solution
So Im running memtest 86 right now, and it got a large amount of errors. What now?
That means there are faulty RAM.

Try this (one step each):
  • Disable any XMP profiles. Then run another round of Memtest.
  • Try to run with one RAM stick and try again. I'd recommend you try to run Memtest on both RAM sticks, one at a time. That way you should be able to tell if the problems are related to one of the RAM sticks or if it is something else.
Ok. I'm not sure about that tool, so I suggest you try another in order to figure if the RAM is actually the issue. Therefore go get Memtest and give it some rounds of testing and see what it results.

Btw - did you make any changes (software, hw or both) prior to the issue ?

And also - please specify list the hw.

Aug 20, 2020
Ok. I'm not sure about that tool, so I suggest you try another in order to figure if the RAM is actually the issue. Therefore go get Memtest and give it some rounds of testing and see what it results.

I will use another tool when I wake up and I'll provide a followup. My specs are:
XFX Rx 590
Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte B450 Gaming X
2x8gb sticks, LPX Corsair 3200Mhz CL16
1tb Barracuda drive and a 120gb Kingston SSD
The PSU is from a local brand but it's 650W and 80+ gold certified
The case is a P300 Phanteks

Aug 20, 2020

So Im running memtest 86 right now, and it got a large amount of errors. What now?

• Try to run with one RAM stick and try again. I'd recommend you try to run Memtest on both RAM sticks, one at a time. That way you should be able to tell if the problems are related to one of the RAM sticks or if it is something else.

Solution
Aug 20, 2020

Solved it already. But thanks for the help. Apparently gigabyte boards are unstable with xmp profiles. I disabled it and now my ram is working fine. I ran mem test 86 with 0 errors after 2 passes. And the difference(at least in games) is really not observable.

Reactions: Grobe