Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
Intel(R) Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
Nvidia GeForce 1060ti 6GB
Asus H110M-K Motherboard
240 gb western digital ssd and 1tb hdd
HyperX fury 8GB RAM
corsair vs450 450 watt psu

I got a Nvidia GTX 1060 mini replaced a month ago, it worked well for 2 days. On the third day, I left the computer on for a bit and returned to find the pc shut off and I see some part on the gpu had burned. I wanted to check if the motherboard was fine so I put in my spare gt710 (which I used while my gtx1060 was at the RMA centre, so I know it worked before). Now, the gt710 turns on with the fans spinning, but doesn't give any output to the hdmi (NO SIGNAL). I'm going to be ordering a new motherboard soon, but I wanted to know if the PSU is at fault before doing so. Also, Zotac are giving me another RMA but I'm skeptical on using it again in case it ruins the motherboard again. Thoughts?

Last edited:

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
"some parts of GPU burned"

let me ask you , is your PC grounded ? and was there a storm or anything like that or any lightning ?

I would change the power supply . if parts of the GPU was BURNED . maybe the powersupply was damaged as well.

vedankp

Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
"some parts of GPU burned"

let me ask you , is your PC grounded ? and was there a storm or anything like that or any lightning ?

I would change the power supply . if parts of the GPU was BURNED . maybe the powersupply was damaged as well.
Yes, it's grounded and no absolutely no storms during that time
I don't think I can upload an image from file explorer here, otherwise I would've showed it to you.
I would like to reiterate, the whole PC still turns on fine with the old GT710, I just get no HDMI output, so the PSU seems to be working fine with that gpu

TRENDING THREADS