Question Faulty Ryzen 3 3200G ?

Sep 23, 2022
Hi,

Not me but my friend have PC with Ryzen 3 3200G and Vega 8, but... He had Windows 11 and when we tried to play LoL, he couldn't play it. Display adapter in Device Manager says "Microsoft Basic Display Driver", i tried to update drivers but AMD software said that no compatibile devices are found. I tried to install Windows 10, but no change in Device Manager. LoL is unplayable, 10 fps on Low, it looks like PC doesn't see Vega 8 in PC. I don't know if it was like that before, but like 3 months ago we were playing LoL normally. Could it be faulty GPU chip, since i don't know what else can it be... ? BIOS is AMI UEFIx64 2.7, maybe i can do something there to enable GPU or something, i don't know, i'm not that expierenced ?

Hi,

Not me but my friend have PC with Ryzen 3 3200G and Vega 8, but... He had Windows 11 and when we tried to play LoL, he couldn't play it. Display adapter in Device Manager says "Microsoft Basic Display Driver", i tried to update drivers but AMD software said that no compatibile devices are found. I tried to install Windows 10, but no change in Device Manager. LoL is unplayable, 10 fps on Low, it looks like PC doesn't see Vega 8 in PC. I don't know if it was like that before, but like 3 months ago we were playing LoL normally. Could it be faulty GPU chip, since i don't know what else can it be... ? BIOS is AMI UEFIx64 2.7, maybe i can do something there to enable GPU or something, i don't know, i'm not that expierenced ?
Did you check if there were any changes in LoL's minimum and recommended requirements ?
As for looking in BIOS see if there's a setting to limit memory allotment for IGPU as it uses system memory.

Sep 23, 2022
Did you check if there were any changes in LoL's minimum and recommended requirements ?
No, there wasn't. I don't think it has something with LoL, since Minecraft says that no OpenGL supported devices is found, or something like that, so it have something to do with GPU, i forgot to check GPU memory, thanks, i'll check it.

EDIT: I just checked it, Windows says that he have 8GB ram, and that's it, shouldn't it say "RAM: 8GB (Usable:...)" ?

Last edited:
No, there wasn't. I don't think it has something with LoL, since Minecraft says that no OpenGL supported devices is found, or something like that, so it have something to do with GPU, i forgot to check GPU memory, thanks, i'll check it.

EDIT: I just checked it, Windows says that he have 8GB ram, and that's it, shouldn't it say "RAM: 8GB (Usable:...)" ?
How much physical RAM do you have ? IGPU will use up to 2GB if not limited to less in BIOS.

Sep 23, 2022
How much physical RAM do you have ? IGPU will use up to 2GB if not limited to less in BIOS.
8GB, it looks like IGPU doesn't use any of it, since Windows says that 8GB is avalilable, and Windows and AMD Driver update software don't see Vega 8, as AMD Software says that no compatible devices are found for Vega 8 Driver. It looks like that Vega is disabled in BIOS somehow. I'm not so smart, i don't know what should i look for in this BIOS, i found something on YT and i'll try it.