Question Faulty Ryzen 7 3700X ?

Mar 27, 2022
Hi
I've been having problems with my PC for quite while. Everytime i try to update my bios my pc becomes rly unstable, crashing with different BSODs. I ran prime95 and it shows worker 3 stopped working almost immediately.
Little background. I have changed my RAM before and that didnt fix it, i have fresh installed windows numerous times and never got fix. Some games just keeps crashing and my PC bluescreens multiple times a day.

Specs:
Mobo: MSI MPG X570 Gaming edge wifi
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
Ram: 32GB (2 x 16GB) Vengeance RGB PRO, 3200MHz, CL16
Old ones: G.Skill TridentZ 3200 CL14
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 ARMOR OC
PSU: Seasonic PRIME FOCUS Modular 650W 80+Gold

Edit 1: Disabled c3 and c6 with ryzen master and havent got bluescreen yet.
I hope i gave enough information. If not will try to provide asap.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022
your old RAM should be very stable being b-die - you can revert to base memory clocks (e.g. 2133/2400) first to check if it's XMP-related.
make sure that's stable before a bios update or you might corrupt that as well
XMP has been disabled whole time while troubleshooting. Ive been running whole day with 0 blue screens now after i disabled core 3 and core 6

Changing the RAM would rule out faulty RAM, but, only if the CPU is known to be stable and capable of 3200 MT/sec RAM speeds at whatever voltage is applied to the RAM per SPD/BIOS direction, and, not all CPUs were capable of it...(I think everything over

Have you tested at default/lower RAM speeds of 2133, 2400 or 2666 MHz? If symptoms unchanged, then, those 15 seconds in the BIOS with a few keystrokes and a reboot were wasted time....

(Certainly, at some point, you would need another CPU to prove the one you have faulty...)