[SOLVED] Faulty SSD

May 27, 2020
i got my first ssd as a gift which came with my graphics card. I know is not the best ssd. I used it as my OS drive on the main PC and had some problems with it (mostly after a week with daily power outages) and i decided to buy a new one. The "gifted" ssd is now in my old laptop and causes my laptop to get frequent bluescreen. I know it might be because of the power outages, but can i do something with it or it is gone?

Solution
i got my first ssd as a gift which came with my graphics card. I know is not the best ssd. I used it as my OS drive on the main PC and had some problems with it (mostly after a week with daily power outages) and i decided to buy a new one. The "gifted" ssd is now in my old laptop and causes my laptop to get frequent bluescreen. I know it might be because of the power outages, but can i do something with it or it is gone?
A laptop with a charged battery should not have a problem with a power outage other than losing Internet access and network access due to the router going out. If your laptop is having issues since you swapped in the questionable SSD, I think you have your answer. You could try a secure erase, but it may well...

RealBeast

Titan
A laptop with a charged battery should not have a problem with a power outage other than losing Internet access and network access due to the router going out. If your laptop is having issues since you swapped in the questionable SSD, I think you have your answer. You could try a secure erase, but it may well be defective.

Solution
May 27, 2020
thank you for taking your time to respond to my post, but i want to mention that i used the defective ssd in my main pc (power outages ocurred at that time) and i bought another ssd to replace the faulty one.
I didn't want to throw the faulty one so i decided i could bring back to life my old laptop so i installed the ssd there. Now the laptop get bluescreen