Question Faulty ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB AMP! Edition

May 13, 2021
I have a faulty ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB AMP! Edition, and i found a damaged capacitor on the card. To get it replaced, i need to know the exact type of that capacitor. The numbering beside it is C3121. I looked on the net but i could not found it. That's why i'm asking it here.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
The number you wrote seems to just be the number on the board, not the capacitance value of the cap itself. I dont know how to put it but the numbers on the board are references in the diagram of the pcb to find out which one is which, or where which one is. Like a map of sorts…

What type of cap? Is it an smd or an electrolytic cap? If its an smd you need only find one thats about the same size as the original one like i did here.

if its an electrolytic one the cap it self should have a capacitance in microfarad or “uf”

May 13, 2021
The number you wrote seems to just be the number on the board, not the capacitance value of the cap itself. I dont know how to put it but the numbers on the board are references in the diagram of the pcb to find out which one is which, or where which one is. Like a map of sorts…

What type of cap? Is it an smd or an electrolytic cap? If its an smd you need only find one thats about the same size as the original one like i did here.

if its an electrolytic one the cap it self should have a capacitance in microfarad or “uf”
I know it's not the value of the capacitor but i wrote it just in case.
It is an SMD type capacitor. It looks like the caps in the upper left corner of the post you showed.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
I know it's not the value of the capacitor but i wrote it just in case.
It is an SMD type capacitor. It looks like the caps in the upper left corner of the post you showed.

Im assuming you’re referring to the first picture in my post. The big ones in the upper left?

those brown caps typically don’t have any markings on them so the only way i did it was to match the closest physical size. You could buy some with assorted values off aliexpress with the keywords “ceramic smd capacitor” and just pick the closest one in size. Amazon also has those if you are in the us, lazada if in southeast asia…

or, if you have a spare board or other electronics with smd caps you could take some from those like i did.

Just note: brown ones are capacitors, black ones are typically resistors, and green ones are mostly fuses.

May 13, 2021
Im assuming you’re referring to the first picture in my post. The big ones in the upper left?

those brown caps typically don’t have any markings on them so the only way i did it was to match the closest physical size. You could buy some with assorted values off aliexpress with the keywords “ceramic smd capacitor” and just pick the closest one in size. Amazon also has those if you are in the us, lazada if in southeast asia…

or, if you have a spare board or other electronics with smd caps you could take some from those like i did.

Just note: brown ones are capacitors, black ones are typically resistors, and green ones are mostly fuses.
So what you're saying is that i was searching on the web for days to get the exact value and what i need to do is only to match the size with the same looking batch of capacitors on the market.
I mean i can't even imagine how much time i would wasted without your simple answer.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
So what you're saying is that i was searching on the web for days to get the exact value and what i need to do is only to match the size with the same looking batch of capacitors on the market.
I mean i can't even imagine how much time i would wasted without your simple answer.

basically yes, haha. Based on my experience on the r9 380 i broke, unless you have the pcb diagram of the card the only way would be to match the size.

the r9 380 i repaired is still working fine till now.