FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE blue screen error

arkill3r

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
So I randomly got this error a few minutes after booting up my PC, it then did something and restarted normally. However I noticed my internet (wireless) has gone extremely slow (99kbs) could there be a correlation? or simple coincidence?

Solution
the error generally means that a single bit error has occurred at the hardware level.
it could be in RAM but it does not have to be. It can be in the bios, the chipsets for the cpu, the data ports, the ram, or in logic of the motherboard or the firmware of the drive.

and it does not really have to be a hardware problem, it could just be a overheating, power problem or overclocking problem.

generally, you would update the BIOS and all of the motherboard drivers from the motherboard vendors website and disable all overeclocking (in bios and remove any overclocking drivers for the CPU and GPU)

I would also turn off virtual memory to delete the c:\pagefiles.sys then turn it back on to create another pagefiles.sys. just in case the...

Colif

Win 11 Master

That error is a memory error, I would run the free version of memtest86 on your ram sticks, one stick at a time. Any errors higher then 0 are too many and a sign you need to remove/replace the stick. It makes a bootable USB so can run withoutr windows. Run a few passes on each stick.

If memtest comes out clean, Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

the error generally means that a single bit error has occurred at the hardware level.
it could be in RAM but it does not have to be. It can be in the bios, the chipsets for the cpu, the data ports, the ram, or in logic of the motherboard or the firmware of the drive.

and it does not really have to be a hardware problem, it could just be a overheating, power problem or overclocking problem.

generally, you would update the BIOS and all of the motherboard drivers from the motherboard vendors website and disable all overeclocking (in bios and remove any overclocking drivers for the CPU and GPU)

I would also turn off virtual memory to delete the c:\pagefiles.sys then turn it back on to create another pagefiles.sys. just in case the pagefile is on a drive with a sector that it generating errors.

you would also confirm your memory timings via memtest86. Ram is a common source of 1 bit errors
memtest hammer test will show if a charge on one bit leaks over to charge an adjacent bit to cause a single bit error.

Note: old overclocking drivers can cause the cache RAM in the cpu to have this problem also.
just having them installed can tweak voltages to CPU pins.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS