john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
3,819
0
22,780
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Can "favicons" be used with MS-IE yet?
If so, how? If not, when?

The script I'm using works fine for Firefox, but not foe IE

Thanks for any info.


John <><

A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
with an other monkey's monkey.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

IE invented them.

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
=================================================
"John" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote in message news:62p9h19a477c67t9t7k4tum558qj53hr07@4ax.com...
> Can "favicons" be used with MS-IE yet?
> If so, how? If not, when?
>
> The script I'm using works fine for Firefox, but not foe IE
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
>
> John <><
>
> A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
> with an other monkey's monkey.
 

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
3,819
0
22,780
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:14:36 +1000, "David Candy" <.> wrote:

>IE invented them.


Thanks, David. I didn't know that.
Back then to my original question:
> Can "favicons" be used with MS-IE?
> If so, how?

Thanks!

John <><

A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
with an other monkey's monkey.
 

Malke

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2004
3,000
0
20,780
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

John wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:14:36 +1000, "David Candy" <.> wrote:
>
>>IE invented them.
>
>
> Thanks, David. I didn't know that.
> Back then to my original question:
>> Can "favicons" be used with MS-IE?
>> If so, how?
>
I'm not sure what you mean by "be used with" IE. If you are talking
about saving them, here's a link to MVP Kelly Theriot's tweak:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm - FavOrg-restore and save
favourite icons (line 108, right column)

If this isn't what you mean, then please post back with what you are
trying to do.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
 

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
3,819
0
22,780
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:48:13 -0700, Malke <invalid@not-real.com> wrote:


>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm - FavOrg-restore and save
>favourite icons (line 108, right column)
>
>If this isn't what you mean, then please post back with what you are
>trying to do.
>

My apologies: I did not clearly state my question the first time around.

On my web site (test version is at http://nusselder.ca/thejourney )
I have this line immediately following the <HEAD> tag:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">

Viewing the site with Firefox, the favicon shows - viewing the site with MS-IE,
it does not show.
Any help to resolve this problem is welcome.

Sorry for my ambiguity in the OP.


John <><

A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
with an other monkey's monkey.
 

Malke

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2004
3,000
0
20,780
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

John wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:48:13 -0700, Malke <invalid@not-real.com>
> wrote:
>
>
>>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm - FavOrg-restore and
>>save favourite icons (line 108, right column)
>>
>>If this isn't what you mean, then please post back with what you are
>>trying to do.
>>
>
> My apologies: I did not clearly state my question the first time
> around.
>
> On my web site (test version is at http://nusselder.ca/thejourney )
> I have this line immediately following the <HEAD> tag:
> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">
>
> Viewing the site with Firefox, the favicon shows - viewing the site
> with MS-IE, it does not show.
> Any help to resolve this problem is welcome.
>

Oh. Well, I'm sorry that I can't help you with coding. Maybe posting
your question in an IE developers or web design newsgroup would be
better. Here is a list of all the MS newsgroups:

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
 

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
3,819
0
22,780
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 06:44:34 -0700, Malke <invalid@not-real.com> wrote:

>John wrote:
>> Any help to resolve this problem is welcome.
>>
>
>Oh. Well, I'm sorry that I can't help you with coding. Maybe posting
>your question in an IE developers or web design newsgroup would be
>better. Here is a list of all the MS newsgroups:
>
>http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
>
>Malke

Thanks, Malke!

John <><

A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
with an other monkey's monkey.