• Slide

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Twist

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

cmasupra

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
Just for discussion, what is your favorite type of USB flash drive and why? Yes, I know you can't say why in a poll, but you can always post a response below!

1) Type that have a cap that you take off to use the drive and put on to carry the drive / protect the drive.

2) Type that have the USB port slide back when not in use and slide forward to use.

3) Type that twist 180 degrees to use the drive and twist back into a shell when not in use.

JordoR

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I prefer the slide over the other two. I don't think I will ever go with a cap just because of the possibility of it falling off.

I know several people that have had the cap fall of numerous times. The twist, even though I have several smaller ones (freebies), I still prefer the look of the slide.

runswindows95

Distinguished
I have all kinds. I like the caps for my keyring so I don't have to worry about dust getting into the USB port. After that, I have a slide for my main one, but I never carry it in my pocket.

Correct. At least for me. As long as the flash drive has good read write performance and a good shell (as in not cheap plastic) I could care less about the cap,lanyard,etc.

However, if I'm considering 2 different drives that have the exact performance, I would pick the slider.

cmasupra

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010

It has competition: http://www.corsair.com/products/survivor/default.aspx :)

I'm not saying either one is better than the other, though. I don't have either one so I can't say.

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
The one thing better about the corsair is this "Protected from vibration or impact damage through the use of a molded shock dampening collar." But then again the LaCie does sustain heat better....so they are about equal. Except the LaCie can go 300m under water, the corsair how ever 200m. But then again, the corsair is cheaper. I really don't know which one i like better now, but mostly because of price, other than those few things, I feel they are about equal.

mrfaces

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
I try to only buy retractable/slide. Don't have to worry about losing the cap and it is quicker to just grap it slide it out and plug it in. I use mine in the car going back and forth to add songs once in a while, so the retractable is more convient for that.