Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I've recently got a new pc with xp, I used to have 98se & I'm still trying
to get accustomed to it, I don't like the way favorites & programs highlight
only recently used items, it's a bit daft because out of sight is out of
mind & I'd rather see all of them without having to click-on the 2 arrows,
can I disable this?, Phil.

Right click on the start button.. select properties.. check the 'classic
view' box.. click on OK..

Now go to SETTINGS - CONTROL PANEL and select PERFORMANCE.. select 'ADJUST
FOR BEST PERFORMANCE' but check the box for 'shadows on icon labels on the
desktop'.. click OK to set..

Now you have XP but with a look that you recognize.. it runs faster this way
too..

"phil" <p.tann@talk21.com> wrote in message
> I've recently got a new pc with xp, I used to have 98se & I'm still trying
> to get accustomed to it, I don't like the way favorites & programs
> highlight only recently used items, it's a bit daft because out of sight
> is out of mind & I'd rather see all of them without having to click-on the
> 2 arrows, can I disable this?, Phil.

Phil,

Show all the Favorites in IE, rather than displaying the most used items only:
http://www.winxptutor.com/intellifav.htm

Step by Step Tutorials for Windows XP: Disable Personalized Menus:
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/windowsxp/disablepersmenu.aspx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"phil" <p.tann@talk21.com> wrote in message news:cp6v5t$ccd$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
I've recently got a new pc with xp, I used to have 98se & I'm still trying
to get accustomed to it, I don't like the way favorites & programs highlight
only recently used items, it's a bit daft because out of sight is out of
mind & I'd rather see all of them without having to click-on the 2 arrows,
can I disable this?, Phil.

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

That's done the trick!, thanks,
Phil.

Phil,

Show all the Favorites in IE, rather than displaying the most used items
only:
http://www.winxptutor.com/intellifav.htm

Step by Step Tutorials for Windows XP: Disable Personalized Menus:
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/windowsxp/disablepersmenu.aspx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"phil" <p.tann@talk21.com> wrote in message
I've recently got a new pc with xp, I used to have 98se & I'm still trying
to get accustomed to it, I don't like the way favorites & programs highlight
only recently used items, it's a bit daft because out of sight is out of
mind & I'd rather see all of them without having to click-on the 2 arrows,
can I disable this?, Phil.

You're welcome Phil.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP