val

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

I have set up to best of knowledge to auto receive but it
does not work,manual receive yes auto no any idea why

What happens when a fax call comes in? Any error messages, or just nothing
happens?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"VAL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have set up to best of knowledge to auto receive but it
> does not work,manual receive yes auto no any idea why

val

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

nOTHING IT RINGS TILL YOU PRESS ANSWER

val

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

I did havew winfax pro installed and wondered if there
were bits left behind in reg.also run internet security

Internet security can have an effect:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
Internet Security
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
computer

If the system has never worked, verify that your modem is listed in the
Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List and using the latest drivers.
Unfortunately, Windows XP Fax has proven to be incompatible with many common
modems and drivers, particularly older ones, even if the manufacturers claim
they are "compatible" with Windows XP. Modem incompatibility is not apparent
during installation or the initial setup. It only becomes apparent when you
first try to send or receive a fax. The Fax Service will dial or will answer
an incoming fax but then fail with any of a number of unhelpful error
messages such as "Line is busy," "There is no answer," or "Reception error."
There will be nothing in Event Viewer to give a clue as to where the problem
might lie.

Hal