Fax device doesn't work

adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

Hi,
I don't understand why my fax modem only work once every time I start up
my computer and then it hangs (ie. I can't make another fax call). I got the
following error from event viewer:

Hanging application ntvdm.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, hang module hungapp,
version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Does anyone know why? BTW: I use Windows XP.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

billy

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003

You were not clear as to the fax software you are using. Check with your hardware manufacturer for a software initialization string. Most fax software has a place to insert the string. This initializes the modem for the fax communication.

"Adrian" wrote:

> Hi,
> I don't understand why my fax modem only work once every time I start up
> my computer and then it hangs (ie. I can't make another fax call). I got the
> following error from event viewer:
>
> Hanging application ntvdm.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, hang module hungapp,
> version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
>
> Does anyone know why? BTW: I use Windows XP.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Adrian

TRENDING THREADS