When I attempt to send a fax to myself (as a test) I receive the following
error: "Unknown error occurred while attempting to send fax" I am unable
to find out any more detail. I am on a DSL line but for faxes I have
installed a Robotics USB modem. I might add that in the past this has
worked just fine, but after a crash about 3 weeks ago and a backup restore,
some of the programs have been acting, well let's say, squirrelly. Any and
all information will be appreciated. Also, is there any way to re-send a
fax or do I have to constantly recreate one to resend it? Thanks again.

Hello J.
If it were only your fax acting up it would be easier to help you. You
say you had a crash. Sounds like maybe you still have some side effects from
it. What sort of crash? Which programs are not working? Do you have software
for your fax machine? Run your anti-virus and spyware killer in safe mode a
few times. i would almost bet you still have some sort of bug from the crash.
You might try a reinstall from the Windows CD. Some files may have messed up
when you made a back-up. It does happen. Best of luck to you.
Ron J

"J. Timothy" wrote:

> When I attempt to send a fax to myself (as a test) I receive the following
> error: "Unknown error occurred while attempting to send fax" I am unable
> to find out any more detail. I am on a DSL line but for faxes I have
> installed a Robotics USB modem. I might add that in the past this has
> worked just fine, but after a crash about 3 weeks ago and a backup restore,
> some of the programs have been acting, well let's say, squirrelly. Any and
> all information will be appreciated. Also, is there any way to re-send a
> fax or do I have to constantly recreate one to resend it? Thanks again.

Don't you need a phone line to the fax machine?