I use the fax program that comes with Windows XP. When I
turn on the computer or re-boot the fax picks up incoming
faxes correctly. After hours(?) or days (?), I suddenly
discover that the fax doesn't answer incoming calls
anymore. A re-boot fixes the problem. Any ideas on what is
happening?

Thanks

That's not normal behavior, nor is anything like a "common" problem with the
Fax service. Are there any Event Viewer entries or error messages that come
along with this symptom?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"Shmuel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I use the fax program that comes with Windows XP. When I
> turn on the computer or re-boot the fax picks up incoming
> faxes correctly. After hours(?) or days (?), I suddenly
> discover that the fax doesn't answer incoming calls
> anymore. A re-boot fixes the problem. Any ideas on what is
> happening?
>
> Thanks

I didn't see anything relevent in the Event Viewer. No
error messages appear.

Do you have your computer going into Standby or Hibernation? Often
network and dialup connections are not restored properly when one
exits from those states.

--
Earl F. Parrish

No. Not standby and not hibernation.

"Shmuel" wrote:

> [...]

Did you get this issue resolved? We are running into situations when the
standard XP fax program answers the phone but then doesn't receive the fax.

"Shmuel" wrote:

> [...]

what's the error you are getting in Client Console or Fax monitor, when the
failure happens.

--
Ananda Sarkar

purposes only.