G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I did set up the fax machine,but now when I'm not on line the comp. tries to
get a telephone call as a fax.The fax machine is turn to telephone.Is there a
way to do something in the comp. so it does stop doing that??.(I do answer
the phone and a few seconds later the noise comes up)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

If you don't want the fax service to answer calls, turn off automatic
reception. When you have it on, the fax service will answer every incoming
call.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"tazdvl" <tazdvl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:12217607-051D-417A-A55E-A2C05C7B1908@microsoft.com...
>I did set up the fax machine,but now when I'm not on line the comp. tries
>to
> get a telephone call as a fax.The fax machine is turn to telephone.Is
> there a
> way to do something in the comp. so it does stop doing that??.(I do answer
> the phone and a few seconds later the noise comes up)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

One question,is the "automatic reception" in the fax console under the
properties and then tacking? and if so do uncheck the send or received or
both of them?
Thanks for your help

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> If you don't want the fax service to answer calls, turn off automatic
> reception. When you have it on, the fax service will answer every incoming
> call.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "tazdvl" <tazdvl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:12217607-051D-417A-A55E-A2C05C7B1908@microsoft.com...
> >I did set up the fax machine,but now when I'm not on line the comp. tries
> >to
> > get a telephone call as a fax.The fax machine is turn to telephone.Is
> > there a
> > way to do something in the comp. so it does stop doing that??.(I do answer
> > the phone and a few seconds later the noise comes up)
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

"tazdvl" <tazdvl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:01017211-39D6-40A8-9861-EFA815858A0C@microsoft.com...
> One question,is the "automatic reception" in the fax console under
> the
> properties and then tacking? and if so do uncheck the send or
> received or
> both of them?
> Thanks for your help
>
>

It is under Devices/Properties if you get there from Printers and
Faxes. It would be simpler to check all the tabs rather than post a
message and wait for a reply. You want to enable Sending and
Receiving but check Manual under Answer Mode under Receive. When a
fax comes in you would have to click on the balloon which pops up
when the phone is ringing.


--
Earl F. Parrish