How do I get the fax to work
Using xp home

Thanks,

Casey

If you use a modem to dial up the Internet, disconnect from
the Internet, the FAX needs to have the modem while FAXing.
If you use DSL/Cable, do you have a fax/data modem installed
and a voice telephone wire connected? I see from your valid
email address that you have cable and you'll need to have a
modem connected to your voice phone.

You might investigate eFAX www.efax.com

"casey dorion" <cdorion@mn.rr.com> wrote in message
| How do I get the fax to work
| Using xp home
|
| Thanks,
|
| Casey

I have one phone jax on the back of my computer.
On Monday I will try sending my daughter a fax.
I like your signature.

Thanks,

Casey
> If you use a modem to dial up the Internet, disconnect from
> the Internet, the FAX needs to have the modem while FAXing.
> If you use DSL/Cable, do you have a fax/data modem installed
> and a voice telephone wire connected? I see from your valid
> email address that you have cable and you'll need to have a
> modem connected to your voice phone.
>
> You might investigate eFAX www.efax.com

> "casey dorion" <cdorion@mn.rr.com> wrote in message
> | How do I get the fax to work
> | Using xp home
> |
> | Thanks,
> |
> | Casey

It is a good history lesson, applies very much to the Second
Amendment, but all gov't actions seem to follow the pattern.

Configure the "connection" for the Internet to Never dial a
connection and select the Always use for the LAN. Then your
modem will have access to the telephone system. You can
check the modem properties to be sure it is fully installed
and is a data/fax modem.

Windows FAX can receive faxes, but that may tie up your
phone line and it means that your computer must be ON 24/7.
You might want to get a free eFAX www.efax.com account to
get faxes sent to you. You send using your phone line, any
fax sent to you would use the efax number and efax sends you
an email with the fax attached. That is free if they use
their select phone number. If you want, you can pay for a
number of your choice and other service.

|I have one phone jax on the back of my computer.
| On Monday I will try sending my daughter a fax.
| I like your signature.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Casey
in message
| > If you use a modem to dial up the Internet, disconnect
from
| > the Internet, the FAX needs to have the modem while
FAXing.
| > If you use DSL/Cable, do you have a fax/data modem
installed
| > and a voice telephone wire connected? I see from your
valid
| > email address that you have cable and you'll need to
have a
| > modem connected to your voice phone.
| >
| > You might investigate eFAX www.efax.com
| >
| > --
| >

| > "casey dorion" <cdorion@mn.rr.com> wrote in message
| > | How do I get the fax to work
| > | Using xp home
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > |
| > | Casey
| > |
| > |

Road Runner does not support faxing. A dialup fax modem with a phone line
does!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"casey dorion" <cdorion@mn.rr.com> wrote in message
> How do I get the fax to work
> Using xp home
>
> Thanks,
>
> Casey

robin

How do you set up a free account with efax? the only options I saw were
Monthly Billing Option
$12.95 (USD) / Month +
$12.95 (USD) one time setup fee
or
Annual Saver Option
$139.95 (USD) / Year +
$10.00 (USD) one time setup fee

plus, eFax charges $0.20 (USD) per page* for faxes received at toll-free
eFax numbers. Faxes sent anywhere in the US cost $0.10 (USD) per page

Robin

> It is a good history lesson, applies very much to the Second
> Amendment, but all gov't actions seem to follow the pattern.
>
> Configure the "connection" for the Internet to Never dial a
> connection and select the Always use for the LAN. Then your
> modem will have access to the telephone system. You can
> check the modem properties to be sure it is fully installed
> and is a data/fax modem.
>
> Windows FAX can receive faxes, but that may tie up your
> phone line and it means that your computer must be ON 24/7.
> You might want to get a free eFAX www.efax.com account to
> get faxes sent to you. You send using your phone line, any
> fax sent to you would use the efax number and efax sends you
> an email with the fax attached. That is free if they use
> their select phone number. If you want, you can pay for a
> number of your choice and other service.

> "casey dorion" <cdorion@mn.rr.com> wrote in message
> |I have one phone jax on the back of my computer.
> | On Monday I will try sending my daughter a fax.
> | I like your signature.
> |
> | Thanks,
> |
> | Casey
> | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
> in message
> | > If you use a modem to dial up the Internet, disconnect
> from
> | > the Internet, the FAX needs to have the modem while
> FAXing.
> | > If you use DSL/Cable, do you have a fax/data modem
> installed
> | > and a voice telephone wire connected? I see from your
> valid
> | > email address that you have cable and you'll need to
> have a
> | > modem connected to your voice phone.
> | >
> | > You might investigate eFAX www.efax.com
> | >
> | > --
> | > The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
> | > But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
> | >

> | > "casey dorion" <cdorion@mn.rr.com> wrote in message
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

begin 666 pixel.gif
M1TE&.#EA`0`!`-4```! ````````````````````````````````````````
M````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
M````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
M````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
M``````````````````````````````! `"'Y! $``#\`+ `````!``$```8#
%P%\0`#L`
`
end

You don't. It is a paid service.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

casey dorion wrote:
> I have one phone jax on the back of my computer.
> On Monday I will try sending my daughter a fax.
> I like your signature.

actually the sig file is incorrect...

it's not the government that sees it as an obstacle... it's the pelosi
led left wing democrats...

It seems to be most common within the Democrat Party at
present as to such as the right of the individual to keep
and bear arms, but it is also strong with the Republican
Party concerning social behavior and neither party has a
good record on tax matters. When governments pass new laws
or revise old laws they routinely insert a clause that if
any part of the law is found to be unconstitutional, all
other parts of that law remain in effect. Government run
school have brainwashed the public as has the social
security system, into a weak mind.

As a sig line, I wanted something that could be remembered,
so I made up...