Faxing from Windows XP Home via an internal modem

I send very few faxes but when I do I would like to attach TIF image files to
say a Word Document - i.e. yesterday I wanted to send a letter to a company
with a copy of a scanned quotation. On my old IBM PC [6 years old] I had a
RingCentral Fax utility which would let you do this but the Fax Utility with
XP Home has no file attachment facility. Ring Central software nowadays
focuses on faxing via the internet paid for by a monthly subscription. This
is over the top for my requirements ....but I do want to attach TIF files.

Anybody know if and how this is possible, please

Adrian Stephenson wrote:

> I send very few faxes but when I do I would like to attach TIF image files to
> say a Word Document - i.e. yesterday I wanted to send a letter to a company
> with a copy of a scanned quotation. On my old IBM PC [6 years old] I had a
> RingCentral Fax utility which would let you do this but the Fax Utility with
> XP Home has no file attachment facility. Ring Central software nowadays
> focuses on faxing via the internet paid for by a monthly subscription. This
> is over the top for my requirements ....but I do want to attach TIF files.
>
> Anybody know if and how this is possible, please

In Word on the toolbar Insert, Picture, from file, and select the
graphic file, then File, Send To, Fax Recipient, select the options you
want and the fax device.

Steve

Steve

I appreciate your help - thanks for the interest. Problem is that I've
already tried this and the inserted attachment appears as a load of symbols
and Hieroglyphics.

Cheers

Bertie

"Steve N." wrote:

> Adrian Stephenson wrote:
>
> > I send very few faxes but when I do I would like to attach TIF image files to
> > say a Word Document - i.e. yesterday I wanted to send a letter to a company
> > with a copy of a scanned quotation. On my old IBM PC [6 years old] I had a
> > RingCentral Fax utility which would let you do this but the Fax Utility with
> > XP Home has no file attachment facility. Ring Central software nowadays
> > focuses on faxing via the internet paid for by a monthly subscription. This
> > is over the top for my requirements ....but I do want to attach TIF files.
> >
> > Anybody know if and how this is possible, please
>
> In Word on the toolbar Insert, Picture, from file, and select the
> graphic file, then File, Send To, Fax Recipient, select the options you
> want and the fax device.
>
> Steve

Please visit the Fax experts in the Fax newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Adrian Stephenson wrote:

> I appreciate your help - thanks for the interest. Problem is that I've
> already tried this and the inserted attachment appears as a load of symbols
> and Hieroglyphics.

Then you have either screwed something up when you saved the file, or
you're doing something wrong when inserting it into your document.

Adrian Stephenson wrote:
> Steve
>
> I appreciate your help - thanks for the interest. Problem is that I've
> already tried this and the inserted attachment appears as a load of symbols
> and Hieroglyphics.
>
> Cheers
>
> Bertie

Where/when does it appear that way, in Word before you fax or print it?
If so the graphic file may be corrupt.

Steve